What Makes Us Different
What makes our office different? We have found a way to change how our patients will experience life and dentistry.
- We Proudly promote Prevention of decay versus emphasizing repairing it. Prevention is easier, smarter, and much less expensive.
- We also emphasize avoidance of gum disease as opposed to treatment, as it is easier on everyone, much more pleasant, less expensive and is the only solution that results in a whole patient.
- Our vision is to give our patients the tools to keep what God has given them instead of trying to provide dental solutions to their problems after the damage has already been done.
- In our experience, we have discovered a pattern. See if it personally rings true. Most people have a fear of the dentist, so they avoid going to the dentist. The bacteria in their teeth and gums works against them for months or even years before they finally schedule a visit. This delay may lead to the complicated and often expensive process of repairing the damage. This process is usually more difficult on the patient and perpetuates the cycle. We don't like that scenario. Not one bit! Instead, it is our mission to ensure our patients are bulletproof, and then have no dental problems visit after visit!.
- Frequent visits to the hygienist are encouraged every 3, 4, 5 or 6 months depending on the health of their gums. Between visits, patients are educated on how to properly care for their teeth, and encourage them to ask questions in between visits!
- We advocate sealants to block out the bacteria and the American diet versus the best way to repair a damaged tooth. It is recommended to have fluoride varnish applied at your care visits to strengthen tooth enamel at the microscopic level so bacteria can't find a foothold.
- We inform our patients on the best over the counter products to use and when to use them, as well as prescribe medications, if necessary, to assist the body in healing.
- We provide therapies, such as Perio Protect, for gum disease that get to the source of the problem and are better for everyone.
Of course, things happen in life, and we are committed to restoring people's teeth should decay, a broken tooth, or any other need arises.
Our team at Moorpark Smiles Dental is full of dedicated compassionate, and knowledgeable dental professionals. We understand that most people do not enjoy going to the dentist. However, when you get to know our fun and caring team, that could all change! Because we are a small private practice as opposed to a large corporate dental clinic, we are able to take the time to get to know each patient as an individual, and you can always see the same person for your dental care. We never treat you like you are just a number or a smile to be fixed. At our practice, we speak English, Spanish, and Tagalog to serve a wider range of patients. Come visit us today!
At Moorpark Smiles Dental, our dentist Dr. Paul Takemoto and his team put our patients’ needs first. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service, and our convenience. We offer one of the widest arrays of dental services in the Moorpark, California, area. We can beautify and restore your smile and correct alignment problems. And of course, we offer general and family dental services for every member of your family from the youngest to the oldest. Dr. Takemoto is proud of the fact that his first patients from the earliest days of his practice still look to Moorpark Smiles Dental for their dental needs. To learn more about the many services we provide, and to find out why so many people make our office their dental home, call 805-553-1980 today to schedule your appointment. We can’t wait to meet you!