Are you playing it safe with a mouthguard this summer? If not, it’s time to get one! A mouthguard is an essential element to keeping your smile safe as you enjoy sports or any outdoor activity like biking or skateboarding to protect your teeth in case of a severe fall or injury to your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. Paul Takemoto, encourages everyone to take care of their oral health. That is why our team at Moorpark Smiles Dental in Moorpark, California, offers mouthguards to help protect your teeth.
– Custom-made mouthguards are for your specific alignment, so you know you will have a flawless fit and not have to worry about it on the field or while you are having fun.
– Children and teens need to change out mouthguards often because their teeth and alignment are still developing.
– Make sure you care for your mouthguard and clean it thoroughly after every use and try to keep it dry to avoid warping in the water or sun.
– Boil and bite mouthguards, and stock mouthguards can be bought at the supermarket or online but are not individually made to fit your teeth resulting in extra bulk or movement.
– There are three typical types of mouthguards: custom-made mouthguards, boil and bite guards, and stock mouthguards.
– If your mouthguard shows signs of wear or doesn’t fit anymore, be sure to talk to your dentist to get a new one.
– Mouthguards can protect your teeth from severe damage and is required in many sports for your smile’s protection in case of a fall or devastating injury.
If you are serious about taking care of your oral health, please consider giving us a call at 805-553-1980 to schedule an appointment for you to receive a custom-made mouthguard. Our team is happy to help you and proud to help keep your oral health safe.